Danielle's Cabin Crew Blog
Let me just start by saying how irritated I am with my boss. He cut off our internet access for two days last week. After he allowed us to have internet access once again, because we obviously need it to do research, he had certain sites blocked. Of course Facebook, that I can survive without. But then he banned the blogspot site so I am not unable to access my blog from work.

I am sitting in the wonderful library on campus and someone's feet is really smelling sour. I'm just not able to see who's it is. Damn him, making me come to the varsity at six in the evening.

But I needed to update my blog and change some of the labels on the posts.

I am proud to say that I now have five followers, still small but at least there is some progress.

I downloaded over a 100 pictures of all the destinations that Emirates flies to, so everyone can see all the amazing destinations I might be going to.

But that is not the reason for the new post today. This morning I received the sweet and promising email that I now have my final approval and should resign from my current company. I am so relieved, it felt like I was waiting forever. Which in fact has been two months.

There was a bit of a snag with my medicals, because of some medication that I was on. And it took forever to get it sorter, more medical reports and clearances. If anyone is on any type of medication, send me a post for some private advice. It was really hectic.

The relief I felt this morning, was absolutely amazing. I even started to apply for other jobs about a week ago, just in case the whole Dubai dream didn't work out. I was really starting to feel desparate. Luckily I prayed really hard last night and my prayers were answered, I received the emails this morning.

The only problem now is that they want me to join earlier than the initial joining date. There's always a snag with my application. If I ever arrive in Dubai it will be a miracle. My date of joining is actually 24 January, but in the emails I was requested to join either 14 November or 14 December. 14 November is out of the question as I am still writing exams until the 22nd. But it might mean going on the 14th of December.

I would've like to have been home for Christmas and last year was really hard on my whole family, we want through a rough time. But if push comes to shove, I'll fly the 14th of December and make the best of it.

Well I'll definately have to make another stop at the Varsity, to upload some more non-essential, funny information.

My first bid (if I understand the process correctly) is definately going to be for Seychelles and Mauritius. Sun, see and cocktails, I desperately need a vacation. I can't wait to go to Dubai, to just let the whole adverture begin. I've waited six months, since I send my application in over the internet. This has been a long and hard journey. Hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. But I am quiet sensitive so keep it clean, sweet and always in my favour!!